2/03/2017

Nobody Told Me There´ll Be Days Like These...

Writing from the heart has always been my main passion, speaking from the heart, better said. It is obvious I am not THE writer I wish I were, either in my native Argentinian Spanish or in my second language, English. 

My source of inspiration are mostly songs lyrics and, in this case, "Nobody Told Me" ... which was written by John Lennon, but released after four years of his murder, fits perfectly into My Life. It is not the lyrics this time but the title of the song that resonates in my mind all the time, as I would have never expected to spend days like these...

These past two years have been rough, but, at the same time enriching, of permanent growth and positively challenging. I have crossed many bridges, swam in many lakes and rivers to the point I felt as if I were an athlete training for the Olympics, battling every moment of sorrow and desperation, killing feelings of abandonment and sadness, choking with my own tears, swallowing my pain, letting only some things go, getting over other things, praying quietly, but at least trying to do the best to keep the spirit up for my own children: and for somebody else´s children too: my students. Being a committed educator gives you headaches and rewards. I keep the rewards. Lord, I did make it meaningful!

If there is any educator who took many risks, innovated, made the class go global, took her/his students virtually outside the classroom walls and gave students voice, and show them they matter, that is ME!.






No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario